Exeter Community Wellbeing
Anyone in need of extra help and support during lockdown should contact Exeter Community Wellbeing on 01392 265000. Find out more on the Exeter Community Wellbeing website.
Free Fundraising Workshops
The Small Charities Coalition have partnered up with the Chartered Institute of Fundraising to provide free fundraising workshops, focused on providing tools and tips for fundraising strategies on a small budget.
- Fundraising for CEOS & Trustees – 12th Nov @ 5pm
- Recruiting Fundraiser & Creating an Inclusive Workplace – 13th Nov @ 10am
- Developing a Fundraising Strategy as a Small Charity – 17th Nov @ 12pm
- Trusts and Foundations Fundraising for Small Charities – 18th Nov @ 10am
- Resilience and Wellbeing in Small Charities – 20th Nov @ 10am
Trustees Week 2020
Last week (2nd-6th Nov) was Trustees Week 2020 and we shared details on our social media of resources available for trustees, as well as first-hand experiences of a couple of trustees in Exeter.
- Have a look at the Charity Commission’s user friendly introductory guides to the trustee role and board.
- Take the Trustees Week behaviours quiz to find out more about what your strengths are.
- A Day in the Life of a Trustee: Steven Hudson (Chair of Trustees for Isca Community Enterprises).
- Reflections On a Dynamic First Year As a Trustee: Charlotte Hanson (Trustee with Exeter Community Initiatives)
State of the Sector Survey
Exeter Connect is undertaking a survey to try build a more detailed picture of the current state of the community sector in Exeter. We are aware that COVID-19 has had, and continues to have, a huge impact on how our community groups and organisations have been able to operate.
If you are a group or organisation in Exeter, we would really appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey. Your responses will help us ensure that we can offer and advocate for more appropriate support in the community sector.
To keep up to date with resources, information and events that we are sharing, take a look at our Facebook and Twitter.
We would love to hear from you, so do get in touch to find out more about how Exeter Connect could support your group or organisation.