Over the past couple of weeks, we shared a range of information on our Facebook and Twitter, This included grants available for community groups in Exeter and some useful resources. Take a look below for a summary of these.
- Exeter Ward Grants – Exeter City Council: Grants of up to £500 are available to support community groups and projects. These could be used to support the costs of equipment, resources, publicity and refreshments. Find out more and apply here.
If you need any further support with making an application, have a chat with one of the team.
- Comic Relief COVID-19 Community Fund: The fund can provide grants to grassroots organisations to help them respond to and recover from the impact of the pandemic.
Deadline of 31st Dec. The programme may close sooner than this if all grants have been awarded, so an early application is recommended.
- Information to help village halls reopen safely: Take a look at the My Community website for guidance on what can take place, and how, as well as templates to help you prepare for reopening.
- Eden Project Communities: Take a look at Eden Project Communities who are putting on some fantastic community focused webinars, covering topics such as virtual facilitation skills, loneliness and building inclusive communities. You can have a look at what events are coming up on their Facebook page or watch any previous events back on YouTube.
- Cosmic: Are you interested in developing the digital side of your community group? Cosmic can offer a free digital audit, advise on what could be good for you and assist in training on systems and software. Find out more or get in touch on their website.
Exeter Connect have also collated a report which celebrates the effort, innovation and achievement of the Local Area Teams that sprung up across Exeter in response to Covid-19. Read all about their amazing response and the power of community action here.
We would love to hear from you, so do get in touch to find out more about how Exeter Connect could support your group or organisation.